Team Member of IQAC
||Name of Staff
Prof.Rahul R. Kulkarni
(Asst. Prof. Mechanical Engineering Department)
Choudhari Attarsingh Yadav Memorial Trust Siddhant College of Engineering, Sudumbare is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with grade ‘B’ since first cycle of 2018 and has a permanent Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). Its objective is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institute.
The IQAC plans, guides and monitors Quality Assurance in teaching-learning process, evaluation procedures and examinations; Quality research, consultancy & extension activities; Collaboration with national & international partners for training/student exchange/faculty exchange/ research/resource sharing various academic programs / activities and Quality Enhancement activities of the various departments of the institute. It conducts Academic and Administrative Audits to improve the academic and administrative performance in all aspects of the instituteoperations.
Constitution of IQAC CELL:-
The IQAC Cell recognizes the challenges facing education systems and teachers continue to intensify. In modern knowledge-based economies, where the demand for high-level skills will continue to grow substantially, the task is to transform traditional models of learning, which have been effective at distinguishing those who are more academically talented from those who are less so, into customized learning systems that identify and develop the talents of all students. This will require the creation of “knowledge-rich”, evidence-based education systems, in which leaders and teachers act as a professional community with the authority to act, the necessary information to do so wisely, and the access to effective support systems to assist them in implementing change.
1. To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institute.
2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Contributing to national development
- Fostering Global Competencies
- Inculcating value System
- Promoting the use of technologies
- 1. Internalization and institutionalization of quality initiatives at institutional
- 2. Enrich and upgrade Teaching learning pedagogy
- 3. Academic & Administrative Excellence initiatives
- 4. Synergistic and collaborative institutional culture for building stake holder
- 1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the
various academic and administrative activities of the Institution
- 2. Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for
quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge
and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- 3. Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other
stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- 4. Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher
- 5. Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality
related themes and promotion of quality circles
- 6. Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the institute ,
leading to quality improvement
- 7. Acting as a nodal agency for coordinating quality-related activities,
including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- 8. Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the
purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- 9. Development of Quality Culture in institute
- 10. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the
Institute based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by
the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the
- 1. Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning
towards quality enhancement
- 2. Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- 3. Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the
institution and institutionalize all good practices
- 4. Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional
- 5. Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- 6. Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal
Composition of the IQAC:-
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the
institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a
few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders.
The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
- 1. Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- 2. A few senior administrative officers
- 3. Three to eight teachers
- 4. One member from the Management
- 5. One/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni
- 6. One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders
- 7. One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
The IQAC committee will meet every quarter on last Friday
- 1. The membership of such nominated members shall be for a period of 1year.
- 2. The IQAC should meet atleast once in a quarter
- 3. The quorum for the meeting shall be two-third of the total number of
- 4. The agenda, minutes and Action Taken Reports are to be documented with
official signatures and maintained in a retrievable format.
Role of IQAC Co-ordinator:-
The IQAC committee will meet every quarter on last Friday
- 1. The role of the coordinator of the IQAC is crucial in ensuring the effective
functioning of all the members.
- 2. The coordinator of the IQAC may be a senior person with expertise in
quality aspects. She/he may be a full-time functionary or, to start with,
she/he may be a senior academic /administrator entrusted with the IQAC as
an additional responsibility.
- 3.Secretarial assistance may be facilitated by the administration.
- 4. It is preferable that the coordinator may have sound knowledge about the
computer, its various functions and usage for effective communication.