Dr. Prof. Chanakya Kumar Jha
ME, Ph.D(Electronics & Telecommunication)
Chair, SIGHT –IEEE Bombay Section
HOD (Dept. of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering)
Vice Principal, Siddhant College of Engineering
Email : email@example.com
- VICE CHAIR ,IEEE PLC(Power Line Communication) IEEE STANDARED ,India Council
- Coordinator of IEEE Smart Village in Maharashtra
- CHAIR OF IEEE-SPECIAL GROUP OF HUMANITARIAN TECHNOLOGY, Bombay Section
- IEEE SIGHT Subcommittee member of IEEE USA
- Executive Member of IEEE Bombay Section
- Outreach Chair of IEEE IBSS,Bombay,India
- Awarded as Youngest Social Educationalist of Digital India-By Education Post 2016
- Awarded as Best Research paper award by WICOM ,Shanghai in 2012
ASSOCIATION WITH INTERNATIONAL BODY
- Invitee Speaker of MICC 2017, Malesia
- Distinguished Speaker in WICC Conference, Bangladesh , 2016
- Jury Member of Various IEEE Congress and Conferences Reviewers (Since past three years)
- Speaker of SKEP IEEE TECHNICAL committee.
- Member of Editorial Board of Various International Journal
- Reviewer of TENCON 2016(Flagship Conference of IEEE Asia Pacific)
- Reviewer of SCI indexed Thomson Router Journals
- Chief Editor of Asian Society of Scientific Research
- Associate Editor –IEEE Access Journal
- Conference Chair of 2014,IEEE International Conference for Convergence in Technology, Pune
- Conference Chair of 2017,IEEE International Conference for Convergence in Technology, Pune
- Conference Chair of 2017,IEEE International Conference for Convergence in Technology, Pune
- Keynote Speaker at IEEE International conference on Power, Automation and Communication to be held from 6-8 October 2015
- Invitee Speaker of SIGHT Group at Vidyaprathisthan College of Engineering, Baramati,Pune,India
- Inauguration of IEEE SIGHT ,Baramati college (http://vpcoe.org/ieee/PDF/IEEE_sight.pdf)
Greetings and Welcome to the Department of Electronics an Telecommunication Engineering (E&TC)
It gives me immense pleasure to lead the department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering(E &TC )
We are proud to mention here that SCOE has been ranked Premier Institution among all Engineering Research & Teaching Institutes of Pune by the Education Post ,New Delhi. The department of E&TC is striving hard towards the goal of providing innovative and quality education with high standard to achieve academic and Social excellence.
Through a nice blend of coursework ,Classroom Education and Mini and Final year projects, the Department endows students with the ability to apply knowledge of science, mathematics and engineering to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, provide leadership and technical expertise, and practice engineering with ethical approaches and concern for society and environment. Our curriculum undergoes regular revisions to ensure local relevance with a global outlook.
We have undergraduate program in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering i.e. B.E program. At the postgraduate level, we offer M.E. specialized in VLSI Design. Several sponsored candidates from industries and research laboratories carry out their postgraduate studies in our department.
The very motto of our department is to provide quality education. The process of learning is extremely important in life. What you learn, how you learn and where you learn play a crucial role in developing ones intellectual capability, besides career.
The excellent infrastructure, teaching faculty of the best kind ensuring quality education such as interaction among students, parents and staff, along with a Training and Placement Cell ensures a bright future to its students. Thus we are confident that our Engineers will emerge as assets not only to this institution and to the organization they belong, but also to the country at large.
MISSION of department of
electronics and teclecomminication engineerinf
- To provide State-of-art technical education in the Electronics and Communication at undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- To function collaboratively with technical Institutes/Universities/Industries of National and International repute.
- To keep abreast with latest technological innovations to enhance the R and D activities.
- To adopt the best educational methods to improve teaching learning process continuously.
- To encourage students for higher education, entrepreneurial and ethical future.
To provide updated facilities and environment to the students, faculty members for continuous improvement.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
PSO 1. Graduates will be able to apply Technology of electronics in various domains of
Communication systems and signal processing
PSO 2. Graduates will be able to demonstrate and implement variety of automation system by
controlling, processing different signals according to the required specifications as per the
need of Market.
PSO 3.Graduates will be able to function as an Individual entrepreneurs by applying his
knowledge and skills in the interdisciplinary environments
PSO 4: Graduates will be able to utilize the skills of Engineering and Technology to resolve the
problem of community to overcome social economic problem.
204181: Signals and Systems
- Understand mathematical description and representation of continuous and discrete time
signals and systems.
- Develop input output relationship for linear shift invariant system and understand the
convolution operator for continuous and discrete time system.
- Understand and resolve the signals in frequency domain using Fourier series and Fourier
- Understand the limitations of Fourier transform and need for Laplace transform and develop the ability to analyze the system in s- domain.
- Understand the basic concept of probability, random variables & random signals and develop the ability to find correlation, CDF, PDF and probability of a given event
204182: Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Comply and verify parameters after exciting devices by any stated method.
- Implement circuit and test the performance.
- Analyze small signal model of FET and MOSFET.
- Explain behavior of FET at low frequency.
- Design an adjustable voltage regulator circuits.
204183:Electrical Circuits and Machines
- Analyze basic AC & DC circuit for voltage, current and power by using KVL, KCL, and network theorems.
- Explain the working principle of different electrical machines.
- Select proper electrical motor for given application.
- Design and analyze transformers.
204184: Data Structures and Algorithms
- Discuss the computational efficiency of the principal algorithms such as sorting &
- Write and understand the programs that use arrays & pointers in C
- Describe how arrays, records, linked structures are represented in memory and use
them in algorithms.
- Implement stacks & queues for various applications.
- Understand various terminologies and traversals of trees and use them for various applications.
- Understand various terminologies and traversals of graphs and use them for various applications.
204185: Digital Electronics
- Use the basic logic gates and various reduction techniques of digital logic circuit in detail.
- Design combinational and sequential circuits.
- Design and implement hardware circuit to test performance and application.
- Understand the architecture and use of microcontrollers for basic operations and Simulate using simulation software.
204186: Electronic Measuring Instruments and Tools
- Understand fundamental of various electrical measurements.
- Understand and describe specifications, features and capabilities of electronic instruments.
- Finalize the specifications of instrument and select an appropriate instrument for given
- Carry out required measurement using various instruments under different setups.
- Able to compare measuring instruments for performance parameters
- Select appropriate instrument for the measurement of electrical parameter professionally.
204192: Road Safety Management
- Changes in awareness levels, knowledge and understanding
- A change in attitudes / behavior e.g. against drink-drive;
- Casualty Reduction;
- That remedial education for those who make mistakes and for low level offences where this is more effective than financial penalties and penalty points;
- Improving Road Safety Together
207005: Engineering Mathematics -III
- Solve higher order linear differential equation using appropriate techniques for modeling and analyzing electrical circuits.
- Solve problems related to Fourier transform, Z-transform and applications to Communication systems and Signal processing.
- Obtain Interpolating polynomials, numerically differentiate and integrate functions, numerical solutions of differential equations using single step and multi-step iterative methods used in modern scientific computing.
- Perform vector differentiation and integration, analyze the vector fields and apply to Electro-Magnetic fields.
- Analyze conformal mappings, transformations and perform contour integration of complex functions in the study of electrostatics and signal processing.
204187: Integrated Circuits
- Understand the characteristics of IC and Op-Amp and identify the internal structure.
- Understand and identify various manufacturing techniques.
- Derive and determine various performances based parameters and their significance for Op-Amp.
- Comply and verify parameters after exciting IC by any stated method.
- Analyze and identify the closed loop stability considerations and I/O limitations.
- Analyze and identify linear and nonlinear applications of Op-Amp.
- Understand and verify results (levels of V & I) with hardware implementation.
- Implement hardwired circuit to test performance and application for what it is being designed.
- Understand and apply the functionalities of PLL to Frequency synthesizer, multiplier, FM, and AM demodulators
204188: Control Systems
- Determine and use models of physical systems in forms suitable for use in the analysis and design of control systems.
- Determine the (absolute) stability of a closed-loop control system.
- Perform time domain and frequency domain analysis of control systems required for stability analysis.
- Perform time domain and frequency domain correlation analysis.
- Apply root-locus, Frequency Plots technique to analyze control systems.
- Express and solve system equations in state variable form.
204189: Analog Communications
- Understand and identify the fundamental concepts and various components of analog communication systems.
- Explain signal to noise ratio, noise figure and noise temperature for single and cascaded stages in a communication system.
- Describe analog pulse modulation techniques and digital modulation technique.
- Develop the ability to compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of various communication systems.
204190: Object Oriented Programming
- Describe the principles of object oriented programming.
- Apply the concepts of data encapsulation, inheritance in C++.
- Understand basic program constructs in Java
- Apply the concepts of classes, methods and inheritance to write programs Java.
- Use arrays, vectors and strings concepts and interfaces to write programs in Java.
- Describe and use the concepts in Java to develop user friendly program.
204191: Employability skill development
- Have skills and preparedness for aptitude tests.
- Be equipped with essential communication skills (writing, verbal and non-verbal)
- Master the presentation skill and be ready for facing interviews.
- Buildteam and lead it for problem solving.
204193: Cyber Crime and law
- Awareness of hacking.
- Cyber Crime and law.
- Awareness regarding Cyber Crime Investigation
304181: Digital Communication
- Understand working of waveform coding techniques and analyse their performance.
- Analyze the performance of a baseband and pass band digital communication system in terms of error rate and spectral efficiency.
- Perform the time and frequency domain analysis of the signals in a digital communication system. 4) Design of digital communication system.
- Understand working of spread spectrum communication system and analyze its performance.
304182: Digital Signal Processing
- Analyze the discrete time signals and system using different transform domain techniques.
- Design and implement LTI filters for filtering different real world signals.
- Develop different signal processing applications using DSP processor.
- Understand the basic mathematical concepts related to electromagnetic vector fields.
- Apply the principles of electrostatics to the solutions of problems relating to electric field and electric potential, boundary conditions and electric energy density.
- Apply the principles of magnetostatics to the solutions of problems relating to magnetic field and magnetic potential, boundary conditions and magnetic energy density.
- Understand the concepts related to Faraday‘s law, induced emf and Maxwell‘s equations.
- Apply Maxwell‘s equations to solutions of problems relating to transmission lines and uniform plane wave propagation.
- Learn importance of microcontroller in designing embedded application.
- Learn use of hardware and software tools.
- Develop interfacing to real world devices.
- 1 Identification of key elements of mechatronics system and its representation in terms of block diagram
- 2 Understanding basic principal of Sensors and Transducer.
- Able to prepare case study of the system given.
304193: Electronic System Design
- Apply the fundamental concepts and working principles of electronics devices to design electronics systems.
- Shall be able to interpret datasheets and thus select appropriate components and devices
- Select appropriate transducer and signal conditioning circuit to design prototype of Data Acquisition system.
- Design an electronic system/sub-system and validate its performance by simulating the same.
- Shall be able to use an EDA tool for circuit schematic and simulation.
- Create, manage the database and query handling using suitable tools.
Audit Course 3
Cyber and Information Security
- Will increase the awareness about cyber security
- Will increase the awareness about information and network security.
304186: Power Electronics
- Design & implement a triggering / gate drive circuit for a power device
- Understand, perform & analyze different controlled converters.
- Evaluate battery backup time & design a battery charger
- Design & implement over voltage / over current protection circuit.
304187: Information Theory, Coding Techniques and Communication Networks
- Perform information theoretic analysis of communication system.
- Design a data compression scheme using suitable source coding technique.
- Design a channel coding scheme for a communication system.
- Understand and apply fundamental principles of data communication and networking.
- Apply flow and error control techniques in communication networks.
304188: Business Management
- Get overview of Management Science aspects useful in business.
- Get motivation for Entrepreneurship
- Get Quality Aspects for Systematically Running the Business
- To Develop Project Management aspect and Entrepreneurship Skills.
304189: Advanced Processors
- Describe the ARM microprocessor architectures and its feature.
- Interface the advanced peripherals to ARM based microcontroller
- Design embedded system with available resources.
- Use of DSP Processors and resources for signal processing applications.
304190: System Programming and Operating System
- Demonstrate the knowledge of Systems Programming and Operating Systems
- Formulate the Problem and develop the solution for same.
- Compare and analyse the different implementation approach of system programming
Operating system abstractions.
- Interpret various OS functions used in Linux / Ubuntu
304196: Employability Skills and Mini Project
- Understand, plan and execute a Mini Project with team.
- Implement electronic hardware by learning PCB artwork design, soldering techniques, testing and troubleshooting etc.
- Prepare a technical report based on the Mini project.
- Deliver technical seminar based on the Mini Project work carried out.
Audit Course 4
Embedded System Design using MSP430
At the end of the course students will be able to learn/understand
- Embedded C programming techniques for 16-bit platform
- Embedded protocols and its interfacing techniques
- Embedded Wireless networking concepts and its implementation with application oriented projects and case studies.
404181: VLSI Design & Technology
- Model digital circuit with HDL, simulate, synthesis and prototype in PLDs.
- Understand chip level issues and need of testability.
- Design analog & digital CMOS circuits for specified applications.
404182: Computer Networks
- Understand fundamental underlying principles of computer networking
- Describe and analyze the hardware, software, components of a network and the
- Analyze the requirements for a given organizational structure and select the most appropriate networking architecture and technologies;
- Have a basic knowledge of the use of cryptography and network security;
- Have a basic knowledge of installing and configuring networking applications.
- Specify and identify deficiencies in existing protocols, and then go onto select new and better protocols.
404183: Microwave Engineering
- Formulate the wave equation in wave guide for analysis.
- Identify the use of microwave components and devices in microwave applications.
- Understand the working principles of all the microwave tubes
- Understand the working principles of all the solid state devices
- Choose a suitable microwave tube and solid state device for a particular application
- Carry out the microwave network analysis
- Choose a suitable microwave measurement instruments and carry out the required
404184: Embedded Systems & RTOS
- Get insight of design metrics of Embedded systems to design real time applications to
match recent trends in technology
- Understand Real time systems concepts.
- Understand Linux operating system and device drivers.
- Get to know the hardware – software co design issues and testing methodology for
404189: Mobile Communication
- Explain and apply the concepts telecommunication switching, traffic and networks
- Analyze the telecommunication traffic.
- Analyze radio channel and cellular capacity.
- Explain and apply concepts of GSM and CDMA system.
404190: Broadband Communication Systems
- Carry out Link power budget and Rise Time Budget by proper selection of components
and check its viability.
- Carry out Satellite Link design for Up Link and Down Link.
404191: Audio Video Engineering
- To study the analysis and synthesis of TV Pictures, Composite Video Signal, Receiver,
Picture Tubes and Television Camera Tubes.
- To study the various Colour Television systems with a greater emphasis on television
- To study the advanced topics in Digital Television and High Definition Television.
- To study audio recording systems such CD/DVD recording, Audio Standards, and
404192: Wireless Networks
- Keep himself updated on latest wireless technologies and trends in the communication
- Understand the transmission of voice and data through various networks.