- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India and the UGC orders on various aspects of education, training and employment of OBC.
- To circulate Government of India orders and UGC’s decisions and to collect information in respect of appointing, training these communities in teaching and non-teaching posts in the University. To help them apply for post within the University a stipulated date and take follow up action where required.
- To collect statistics on OBC students and employees.
- To monitor the working of the remedial coaching scheme in the University for OBC students including minority students.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal cell for the Grievances of OBC students including minority students and employees.
|1||Prof. P.A. Makasare||Chairman||8605208533|
|2||Prof. S.P. Rangdale||Member||9552507978|
|3||Prof. S. Gupta||Member||9011564797|
|4||Mr. H.M. Chaure||Non-teaching Member||7038151122|
A special Cell for the welfare of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Siddhant college of Engineering has come into existence for effective implementation of the programs and policies of reservation. The Cell is advised by a Standing Committee on various policy matters pertaining to academic and non-academic matters under the Chairmanship of the Executive Director.
The Cell awards SC/ST research fellowships and contingency grants to the Ph.D. students. It also extends financial assistance to various programs such as study tour, preparation of dissertation/project reports, purchase of sports kits and computer training. Training programs for the SC/ST students appearing for UGC/JRF/Lectureship examinations, facilities awareness program, career guidance and personality development programs are also conducted. The Institute strives to maintain a work environment wherein faculty and staff members from different community can work in a coherent environment. It is the Institutes endeavor to ensure that no kind of caste based discrimination take place at workplace. We have appointed a Liaison Officer who can be contacted in the event of any incident of caste based discrimination. Particulars of Liaison Officer is as under.
|Sr. No.||Name||Designation||Contact Number||Email_id|
|1||Prof. L.K. Kamthekar||Chairman||9403012708|
|2||Prof. S.S. Shinde||Member||9028003282|
|3||Prof. R. V. Patil||Member||9767428058|
|4||Prof. S.S. Vairagar||Member||7788982209|